Sunday 8 July 2007

British Magazines love Beth Ditto from the Gossip. She was in ELLE and Glamour's latest issues. The above scan is from the latter. What do you think of her? Is she a step forward for showing diversity in fashion? In the article she comes across very astute and clever. She also appears witty when she asked if she will have babies one day - she says no and then responds with "I call kids 'art thieves' because as soon as your favourite band/author/artist has a baby, then all they do is sing or write about or draw their baby, and it's like dude, nobody cares about your baby but you"

She sounds funny as hell! That made me laugh out loud when I read it. I like that she is getting mainstream press attention. She represents an image of women scorned by the mainstream fashion + beauty press. If you would like me to scan the whole article, just ask and I will send you the scans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy for her , but we always knew women like her existed .

Don't we have any black icons like her , or if we do or tried to they spoke frankly and dressed like her would they have gotten press? I don't think Macy Gray/ jill scott got as much interest as her

I can't feel her , i know to much , been around to long ... That is the only thing with age u cannot hide , your experiences.

B said...

I really like Beth Ditto. I was disappointed that the rumor about her doing a line for Topshop was just a rumor. I would have loved to see what she did with them.